CORNERSTONES CHIROPRACTIC & COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES
WELCOMES YOU BACK
As of Tuesday, May 26th, 2020, Cornerstones Chiropractic & Complementary Therapies will be slowly re-opening. It will not quite be “business as usual” as we are committed to do all we can to keep you and ourselves safe. We are using the first week of “BC’s Phase 2 re-opening” as the necessary time to finalize & implement our new safety protocols & procedures as well as ensure that everyone is familiar & comfortable with our “new normal”.
Please note that not all practitioners will be starting work on May 26th 2020; some will be phasing in slowly at a later date yet to be determined by each of the individual practitioners.
At Cornerstones, our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients and our team. Therefore, we have very strict protocols in place while practicing physical distancing and adhering to provincial guidelines.
What we are doing to ensure your safety when we re-open:
- As a health care clinic, we have always had high cleanliness standards and procedures, including hand washing and hygiene practices. These have been stepped up and a complete sanitization will occur after each patient visit.
- Every surface including tables, chairs, desks, tools and equipment, POS PIN pads & door handles are wiped down between patients.
- All practitioners will be required to wear surgical masks &/or face shields or other PPE during patient care.
- We will stagger appointment times and ask patients to wait to arrive at the office until their actual appointment time. This will keep our reception room clear and enable appropriate physical distancing.
- A Plexiglas sneeze guard has been installed at the front desk for the safety of our patients, staff & practitioners.
Expectations from our patients prior to visiting our clinic:
Please review the following questions to confirm your health status in order to enter our clinic. You will be asked these questions BOTH at the time of booking your appointment AND again when you arrive at the clinic. Your answer to all of the questions should be NO prior to entering Cornerstones:
1.Do you have any of the following signs & symptoms: fever/feverish, new or existing cough, difficulty breathing?
2.Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
3.Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID19 case?
4.Have you had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside Canada in the last 14 days?
If you have ANY respiratory symptoms or feel unwell at all, you will not be permitted to enter the clinic. If your symptoms change from the time you booked your appointment, please contact the office immediately so that we may re-schedule you to a later time when you are feeling better.
Other important information:
- As our space is limited, we request for you to be on time for your appointment so that we may adhere to physical distancing rules.
- Please arrive ALONE unless you are being accompanied or require assistance.
- Families who arrive together for multiple appointments will be required to either ALL go into the treatment room together OR return at your OWN scheduled appointment time. Patients will no longer be able to sit in the reception room & wait for your family member before or after your scheduled appointment in order to keep our reception area clear.
- No drop-in appointments are permitted. Only pre-scheduled appointments at this time due to pre-screening protocols.
- Patients must wear a mask when inside the clinic.
- Please leave any non-essential belongings in your car such as jackets, hats, bags, books, etc.
- No food or drinks allowed inside the premises.
- Magazines, kids toys, water cups and business cards will not be provided at this time for safety reasons.
- Credit card, debit card & E-transfer payments ONLY will be accepted. NO cash payments at this time.
- Receipts will be emailed whenever possible.
- Each patient MUST either wash their hands or apply hand sanitizer provided to them at reception both upon arrival, before their treatment and following their appointment.
- Patients will be expected to leave the office as soon as their appointment is completed to keep our reception room clear.
- Multiple future bookings of appointments will not be permitted within the clinic at this time. You may book ONE future appointment upon completion of your current appointment. Multiple future appointments must be done via email, phoning the office or texting your respective practitioner if this is the mode by which you communicate with them.
We will begin rescheduling appointments starting with those who we had to cancel. Once we’ve worked through that list, we will begin returning new phone calls and emails. As you can imagine, the phones will be busy so thank you for your patience as we work to make sure everyone gets seen. Please have patience with us as we work to return all calls & emails.
We hope the above measures will provide you with some reassurance that we have everyone’s safety and health as a priority once the clinic re-opens. A full copy of our detailed safety protocols will be posted on our website soon.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to serving you again!